PolicyLink, in partnership with Well Being Trust, developed Advancing Well-Being by Transcending the Barriers of Whiteness to identify "centering whiteness" as a social and institutional framework that prevents meaningful movement toward racial equity, describe specific social and economic inequities that have been exacerbated by this framework, and make clear new narratives that will be necessary for systemic and policy change.
This paper, along with the companion Community Dialogue Guide, serve as the starting point for critical dialogues that deepen and build shared understanding across communities.
- Published by
- Funded by
- Well Being Trust
- Issue areas
- Race and Ethnicity
- Document type
- North America / United States
- Copyright 2021 PolicyLink. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Coming Back Better: Leveraging Crisis-Response Task Forces to Advance Racial Equity and Worker Justice
- Racial / Ethnic and Gender Diversity in the Orchestra Field
- The Racial Wealth Gap: Why Policy Matters
- Linked data add horizontal_rule